OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Illuminas Global (“Illuminas”) is a professional marketing intelligence agency that uses scientific methods to gain insight to specific issues relevant to our clients. Any information that you supply to Illuminas is used solely for legitimate research or statistical purposes and will never result in an attempt to sell you anything based on your responses. We strictly adhere to practices and guidelines that respect the individual’s right to privacy and extend the following assurances to all research projects:
- In obtaining your cooperation, we will not mislead you about the nature of the research or the use that will be made of the findings.
- We will not send you unsolicited email or pass on your email address(es) to others for this purpose. If we want to send you future email or contact you using other methods, we will ask your explicit permission for this.
- Illuminas utilizes a network of third party vendors for data processing and analysis, which are contractually obligated to solely use your information for research and statistical purposes.
- Should you wish to opt out from future surveys, please notify us via email at [email protected] or by writing the address noted below. It is our goal to respond to each email within one working day, but please allow 1-2 weeks for complete removal of your data.
- All information you provide is confidential and reported anonymously. In rare occurrences, we may ask for permission to use certain responses in a form that would allow you to be personally identified. In such cases, this information will only be passed on with your expressed consent and only for the purposes stated.
- Your cooperation is voluntary at all times. You are entitled at any stage of the interview or survey, or subsequently, to ask that part or all of your information be destroyed or deleted. Wherever reasonable and practical, we will carry out such a request.
- We will always give you an opportunity to choose opt-out before your Personal Information is (1) disclosed to a third party (other than an agent doing work at our direction), or (2) to be used for a purpose that is materially different than that for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. The only exception to this choice for both sensitive and non-sensitive Personal Information would be where we are required to disclose your Personal Information pursuant to governmental or judicial order, law or regulation to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We will not knowingly interview those under the age of 15 without first getting permission from their parent or guardian.
- All Third parties are contractually obligated to keep your information secure and intact.
- Third parties are solely contracted to use the information provided for research or statistical purposes. No other use of your information is authorized.
- Illuminas may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield, Illuminas may remain liable.
- Information collected by Illuminas is processed solely for research or statistical purposes.
- If you wish to access, amend, or confirm that Illuminas has personal data relating to you, or if you wish to correct or delete your Personal Information if it is inaccurate, please notify us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- We encourage you to email [email protected] to address any concerns or questions you may have.
- Our web site and internal network has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
- Only authorized employees and contractually bound partners have access to the information you provide to us. They have access solely for research, statistical analysis and quality control purposes.
- Personal data is stored for twelve (12) months after the research project is complete, or for as long as is necessitated by the purposes for which it was originally collected.
- Illuminas does not sell or rent any personally identifiable information to third parties.
- In the event of reorganization, merger, or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party.
- Illuminas does not collect or have access to any personal financial information (e.g. social security, credit card, bank account).
- Illuminas shall only process Personal Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual.
- Illuminas shall only collect non-sensitive information in the form of contact information (e.g. name, email address) for the purposes of our research.
- Illuminas shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND PROCESSED?
- The Personal Data that is processed may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and other similar information. Illuminas may collect Personal Data directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to Illuminas or Illuminas may obtain Personal Data from our Panel Owners, Clients or market research firms who have obtained a Participant’s consent. For Panel Members of a panel of one our Panel Owners, Illuminas will collect data in accordance with their instructions.
- Illuminas may also obtain Personal Data from database owners who have assured us that their databases comprise only individuals who have consented to be included and have their Personal Data shared. Finally, Illuminas may collect and use Personal Data obtained from publicly available sources, such as telephone directories.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES?
- Illuminas may collect certain information automatically. Depending on the country in which you live, such information may be considered Personal Data. Such information includes, but is not limited to, information about your device and device capabilities including, but without limitation, the device operating system, cookie information, IP address, device type, browser type, and other information that alone or in combination may be used to uniquely identify your device.
COMMITMENT TO PROTECT
In accordance with our commitment to protect personal privacy, Illuminas adheres to the seven privacy principles and sixteen supplemental principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission and the Swiss Administration, and is under the jurisdiction of the FTC. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view Illuminas’ certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
RE: Privacy Shield
3801 S Capital of Texas Hwy Suite 200
Austin, Texas 78704
United States of America
Illuminas has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to the INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY SHIELD PROGRAM, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Insights Association. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.insightsassociation.org/get-support/privacy-shield-program/privacy-shield-eu-swiss-citizens-file-complaint for more information and to file a complaint. These dispute resolution services are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain limited conditions, individuals may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.