COURSERA RESEARCH SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. The Sweepstakes begins on June 22, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. United States Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on July 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (as applicable, the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The US Coursera Research Sweepstakes (“the Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who (a) are 18 years old or the age of majority, whichever is older as of the date of entry; and (b) received a Sweepstakes Invitation (defined below). Employees, officers, and directors of Coursera, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Momentum Research Group LLC d/b/a Illuminas (“Administrator”), or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, and web masters (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- Sponsor: Coursera, Inc., 381 E Evelyn Ave, Mountain View, CA 94041
Administrator: Momentum Research Group LLC d/b/a Illuminas, 3801 S Capital of Texas Hwy, Suite 200 Austin, Texas 78704
- How to Enter: During the first few days of the Sweepstakes Period, on a rolling basis, Administrator will send potential entrants an email invitation (“Sweepstakes Invitation”) containing a unique access link to a survey (“Survey”). Click on the link to access and complete the Survey. If you complete the Survey within the first 24 hours of receiving the Sweepstakes Invitation, you automatically will be entered with two (2) entries into the Sweepstakes as applicable, based on your legal residency and thus Sweepstakes eligibility. If you complete the Survey after the first 24 hours of receiving the Sweepstakes Invitation but before the Sweepstakes Period has terminated, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes as applicable, based on your legal residency and thus Sweepstakes eligibility. Limit: YOU MAY NOT TAKE THE SURVEY MORE THAN ONCE. ADDITIONAL ATTEMPTS TO TAKE THE SURVEY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the Survey will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, email addresses, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to take the Survey will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor and/or the Administrator or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest.
- Selection of Winners: On or before July 15, 2021, Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of the prizes of the Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all entries received for the Sweepstakes as applicable. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes are based on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be notified by email on or before July 15, 2021. Except where legally prohibited, each potential prize winner may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The random drawings mentioned in these Official Rules will be carried out in the United States.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Prizes: Three (3) prizes will be awarded for the Sweepstakes. The three prizes in the Sweepstakes consist of a $500 Amazon e-gift card, a $350 Amazon e-gift card, and a $150 Amazon e-gift card. Limit one prize per person and per household. Issuer terms and conditions apply to gift card; see card for terms.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of the United States. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Administrator and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES:
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners available after July 15, 2021, send a self addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by July 30, 2021 to: “Attention: Research Sweepstakes Winners List,” Coursera, Inc., 381 E Evelyn Ave, Mountain View, CA 94041.
Copyright ©2021 Coursera, Inc. All rights reserved.